If you have a real estate business or own many rental units and are looking for the best property management software, chances are you've heard of Property Meld. However, you should consider several aspects, including its features and pricing, to determine if it's the right option.
What Is Property Meld?
As an intelligent maintenance solution, Property Meld is a tool that allows property managers to handle all the tasks to keep their rental units or buildings in top condition.
It was designed as a powerful web-based solution to optimize property maintenance coordination, improve customer experience, and speed up repairs through user-defined automation.
Property Meld promises to eliminate the headaches that property managers face but can also help the following parties:
- Property owners
- Property management companies
Property Meld Features
A good property management solution should provide various tools to simplify most processes related to your real estate business.
In this regard, this is what Property Meld offers:
- Control: Property management teams can oversee and control the maintenance process.
- Scheduling and Invoicing Tools: Property managers can schedule maintenance repairs with all users, including residents, and handle invoices without calls or emails.
- Communication Hub: Owners and managers can maintain all communications about maintenance operations in a central hub.
- Resident Satisfaction: Property management companies can keep both teams and tenants informed about scheduled tasks and maintenance.
- Real-time Operations Metrics: Property managers can track their teams' performance, identifying potential issues and necessary improvements.
Property Meld Pricing
There's another thing that every property management company should consider before choosing a software solution: its pricing.
If you want to use Property Meld, you must pay $1.60 per month for each unit. Enterprising prices can reach 50,000 units.
Property Meld successfully scans how many active units property management companies have each month and bills them accordingly. In other words, your billing could be different each month as you add or lose units.
Although the price doesn't seem excessively high, this software is better for property management companies handling over 100 units since they'll have a higher return on investment.
Does Property Meld Offer a Free Trial?
A property management company or real estate owner can schedule a demo to try Property Meld firsthand and see if this tool can help them optimize their maintenance processes.
Property Meld: Pros and Cons
Besides the features and pricing, it's also important to discuss Property Meld's pros and cons to see if it's a good fit.
Based on user reviews, these are the pros and cons of this property intelligent maintenance solution:
- The Property Meld team is committed to considering users' feedback to make improvements.
- Property Meld has an intuitive interface suitable for property managers, real estate owners, and residents.
- Searching for properties and opening repair tickets takes just minutes.
- Users can also check the status of repairs and enjoy a positive maintenance experience.
- Residents can file complaints, schedule maintenance appointments, and pay invoices.
- It makes tenant housing maintenance easier. Also, all of its tools ensure resident satisfaction.
- There's a lack of information for vendors, which makes communication difficult and the process inefficient.
- Many users have complained that repairs keep getting missed due to software glitches.
- A few users have also complained about the support staff, saying that the Property Meld team is inefficient and rude.
Other Competitors that You Can Consider
Whether you want complete oversight of the real estate business or better customer service, there are other property management solutions that could help your real estate business succeed. These are the best three:
DoorLoop is definitely the best option if you're looking for a property management solution at a fair price. Plus, you'll get top-class customer service and practical integrations.
It also offers many features that will make the property management process more straightforward. These are a few of them:
- Accounting Tools: DoorLoop offers great accounting tools to users, whether they need to use QuickBooks or other integrations.
- Rent Collection and Tenant Portal: This property management software makes it easier to pay rent and other fees. Residents can access the portal through their smartphones to make payments.
- Streamlined Communications: Property managers and owners can also communicate with residents, manage maintenance or repair requests, and more by using this tool.
Although DoorLoop is a comprehensive tool offering many features, you don't need to break the bank to use it. Property managers can get started by paying just $49 monthly for 20 rental units.
Do you want to know more about DoorLoop? Schedule a free demo here!
- Landlord Studio
You can also find a great property management solution if you have a small real estate portfolio. Landlord Studio is a good one. Although its features are limited, it's decent, easy to use, and affordable.
This is what you can enjoy with Landlord Studio even though you pay only a few dollars:
- Tenant screening
- Online rental collection
- Expense tracking
- Basic maintenance management
- Desktop and mobile app versions
Plus, you can use Landlord Studio for free (up to three properties) or for just $12.00 a month if you manage more than three units.
Rentmoji is another great competitor you can choose if you're looking for only basic but functional property management features.
This solution includes accounting tools and many integrations with other apps. Check its main features below:
- Manage and automate rent payments
- Rent tracking
- Maintenance management
- Tenant communication
Even though you can only use its mobile app version, Rentmoji is considerably more expensive than other options. Also, its website doesn't disclose pricing information.
The Best Property Management Software
Are you looking for a comprehensive property management tool with multiple features and excellent customer service at a great price? DoorLoop is the best alternative!
This property management software offers the following:
- Full accounting tools
- Tenant communication features
- Maintenance order management system
- Automatic rent payments and tenant portal
- Intuitive UI
- Top-class customer service
DoorLoop is what you need to get your property management business off the ground, save time, maximize profits, and more. Schedule a free demo and see what it can do for your business!