Property management software can be one of the most valuable tools for property managers. Those looking for intuitive options will likely benefit from all the features that a tool like Rent Manager offers.
What if Rent Manager isn't appealing to you? There's no need to worry. The real estate software industry offers plenty of options that you can consider today.
Whether you want to manage residential or commercial properties (or other types), you can find the right service if you take the time to check reviews online.
Unfortunately, not all property owners have the time to try out dozens of property management platforms until they find the right pick. We understand that time is money for most people, so we want to help you save time in this process.
This page will cover five alternatives to Rent Manager that you can try out today. Remember that every property manager is different, so you must consider your unique needs so that you can find the perfect fit for your business.
About Rent Manager
Rent Manager is one of the top property management software on the market today. You can manage different areas of your rental business within the same platform.
What makes Rent Manager special is that it offers a lot of customization tools, which help you tailor the platform to your specific needs.
You can use this platform to manage any kind of property in your portfolio, including residential properties, community associations, student housing, and more.
Rent Manager offers "full integration" features, meaning you can easily transfer your information from other software within minutes. Even though its name suggests the platform is focused on rent, there are plenty of additional features you can use to maximize your productivity.
What about the features? These are the ones that can make or break your decision. Rent Manager offers a collection of features that cater to most property owners. Thanks to this cloud-based software, you can access everything from a single web portal.
Let's review some of the most important features that come from Rent Manager's property management software.
- Maintenance Management: If you want to manage maintenance requests, Rent Manager has got you covered. Its maintenance management system allows you to review requests, submit the request to other Rent Manager users, and track any other relevant information. To use this platform, all you have to do is submit a request through the web portal. Once the manager approves the request, it'll go to your team for review and assignment. Finally, you can assign the work order to a professional to fix the issue.
- Property Accounting: Accounting is one of the most important features of any property management platform. Rent Manager offers a comprehensive collection of accounting tools to help property managers handle payments, vendor bills, financial statements, and more. One of the best parts of this feature is that it allows you to set automatic payments, meaning you don't have to keep track of rent dates anymore; the platform will do it for you.
- Marketing: Rent Manager offers a marketing and leasing feature that makes the tenant screening and communication process much easier. There, you can view prospective tenants and conduct any background checks you may want. You can also communicate directly with the tenants. As for the marketing part, you can create a custom website with the platform's templates. This helps you promote your property and hopefully get new tenants faster.
- Customer Support: Rent Manager has a dedicated support team that's ready to help you with any issues you may have. If you're having trouble figuring out the platform, you can enter Rent Manager University, which has plenty of resources to help you understand how the software works.
Rent Manager Pricing
Rent Manager pricing is as follows. You get access to three plans:
- Basic - $1 per unit/month. Minimum monthly fee of $200.
- Plus - $1.50 per unit/month. Minimum monthly fee of $300.
- Premium - $2.25 per unit/month. Minimum monthly fee of $450.
Rent Manager is better suited for those managing at least 200 units given its minimum monthly fee of $200 for the Basic plan. If that's not the case for you, consider some of the alternatives below.
Top 5 Rent Manager Alternatives
There are two main factors that can help you decide if certain platforms are good for you: features, customer support, and pricing.
Even though Rent Manager's features seem attractive to most property managers, its price only applies to those managing a large portfolio.
Thankfully, there are a few alternatives to Rent Manager that offer the same (if not more) features for a much more reasonable price. If you've been struggling to find the correct property management software for your company, this list will help you decide.
#1 - DoorLoop
DoorLoop is a leading provider of property management software. It's designed to make the process of managing your rental properties much easier and more intuitive.
Overall, DoorLoop's flexible technology platform coupled with competitive rates make it the top option on this list. The software is suitable for:
- Residential/commercial properties
- Student housing
- Affordable housing
- Community associations
- And more
It only takes a few minutes to check online and see how many property managers love DoorLoop due to its ease of use, price, and wide range of features.
Whether you're someone managing one or 100 units, the tools offered by DoorLoop will make the process of managing these properties much easier.
DoorLoop's user interface was carefully designed so that it met most managers' needs. You can manage your properties through your mobile device from anywhere in the world.
As mentioned previously, features can make or break your decision when it comes to property management software. What does DoorLoop have to offer that other platforms don't?
In essence, it gives you everything you may need to process online payments, communicate with your tenants, create financial reports, and more.
Let's look at some of DoorLoop's best features:
- Accounting Suite: DoorLoop's accounting feature was built for property management. You can manage everything from financial statements to income/expense reports and more. If you want to manage your financials with other software, DoorLoop offers QuickBooks integration that makes the process even faster and easier. In essence, the platform's accounting suite is meant to save you time (and money!)
- Tenant Portal: Communication is one of the most important aspects of any landlord-tenant relationship. Thankfully, DoorLoop offers an optimized and easy-to-use portal where owners can communicate with their tenants seamlessly. Communication within this platform is heavily encrypted, so you can rest assured that no one will have access to your sensitive information or your tenant's. In this portal, you can handle many different aspects of the lease, including rent collection, maintenance requests, and more.
- Maintenance Management: DoorLoop has a maintenance management solution where you can easily submit requests, track essential repairs, and review payments. You can also communicate with your tenant if there are any doubts surrounding a maintenance/repair request.
- Mobile Compatibility: One of the best parts of DoorLoop is that it's available for mobile devices. Thanks to DoorLoop's app, you can check your essentials wherever you are. All it takes is to download the app to your mobile device and use your login information.
- Leasing and Marketing: DoorLoop offers plenty of tools to help you promote your vacant property online. Share your listings on Zillow, HotPads, and Trulia in just a few clicks, browse through different applicants, schedule background checks, and communicate with your picks. Finally, get a custom website for your property selecting from a number of beautifully designed templates.
- Simplified Workflow: One of DoorLoop's most powerful features is that it allows you to automate tasks, such as rent reminders, reversed payment notifications, and more. You can also set up the platform to let your tenants know whenever you receive their payments. Automating these repetitive tasks saves you a lot of time and money in the future.
DoorLoop's pricing is one of the platform's top selling points. It doesn't matter if you're getting started with your rental business or you manage hundreds of units, DoorLoop offers pricing plans that will meet your needs.
Currently, DoorLoop offers three plans:
- Starter - $49 per month.
- Pro - $99 per month.
- Premium - $149 per month.
If you want to get started, make sure to visit the company's pricing page and check for special offers. Remember that more robust plans include additional features, but all plans include all of the basic features you need to manage your properties.
Regardless of which plan you get, rest assured that DoorLoop will cover all your needs. It performs great as a platform for maintenance management, accounting, vendor management, and other important tasks.
If you want to see all of these features for yourself, you can schedule a free demo today.
#2 - Landlord Studio
We recommend Landlord Studio if you have a relatively small portfolio. It offers a suite of tools that will help you manage the essentials of your properties, including rent, accounting, reports, etc.
The reason why we don't recommend Landlord Studio to those with big portfolios is that the platform may lack some of those advanced features that let you handle more complex tasks. Thankfully, the team makes up for the lack of features by offering a "Free" plan, which is attractive for those with a limited budget.
Landlord Studio Features
Landlord Studio allows you to handle the basics of property management. Some of the most important features include:
- Tenant screening
- Lease templates
- Online rental applications
- Rent payment collection
- Maintenance requests
- Automatic reminders
- Financial reports
Unfortunately for some, this platform doesn't include some essential tools that managers need, such as tenant communication portals or payment collection from the mobile app. If you feel like you don't need those features, then Landlord Studio could be an option worth considering due to its price.
Landlord Studio Pricing
This is where Landlord Studio shines for many people. You can expect two plans here.
The "Free" plan allows you to manage up to three properties or units. You'll also get the basic set of tools to get started, such as financial reports, rent collection, and more.
What if you want more, though? That's what the "Pro" plan is for. It costs $12 per month. You can manage over three units with this plan, and it gives you a few "advanced" features like a dedicated account manager, advanced reporting, and more.
In essence, Landlord Studio is an excellent option if you don't have too much experience with property management software or are working with a low budget. Even though it lacks some powerful features that could help you, its basic set of tools will do the trick if you have a smaller portfolio.
#3 - Propertyware
Propertyware offers a few more features compared to the previous option. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most expensive options on this list.
The platform is marketed as accounting software for commercial property managers, although it also comes with some extra features that allow you to manage other aspects of your units.
Propertyware has many features that help people with larger portfolios. Moreover, you have access to a comprehensive resource portal where you can learn more about the team, the platform, and how you can make the most out of it.
Some of the best features you can expect from Propertyware include:
- Accounting Tools: It offers a fully integrated accounting suite that lets you handle every aspect of your financials, including budgets, reports, expenses/income, etc.
- Cloud Software: All of your changes are synched to Propertyware's cloud, allowing you to access your information from anywhere you are.
- Lease and Maintenance Management: Feel free to manage all aspects of your lease through Propertyware. You can use the platform's tools to come up with the right lease agreement. Then, both parties can use Propertyware to submit and track maintenance requests.
- Marketing: Use Propertyware's tools to advertise vacant properties easily.
This intuitive property management software offers three plans:
- Basic - $1 per unit/month. $250 monthly minimum.
- Plus - $1.50 per unit/month. $350 monthly minimum.
- Premium - $2 per unit/month. $450 monthly minimum.
Keep in mind that each of these plans also comes with an implementation fee, which takes the price tag a bit higher.
As you can see, Propertyware's main disadvantage is its price. If you have a smaller portfolio or tighter budget, we suggest you consider other options from this list.
#4 - Innago
Innago is known for offering a free plan that gives you a basic set of tools for property management. As with Landlord Studio, we recommend this option to those with a tight budget or small portfolio.
You can expect some of the features we've already mentioned in previous options, including:
- Financial reporting
- Accounting suite
- Leasing and marketing
- Rent collection and tracking
- Maintenance requests
- Communication portal
Even though Innago is free of charge, it charges you transaction fees for ACH or debit payments. Additionally, you may have to pay $30-$35 to run a background check on your prospective tenants.
Other than that, you'll get access to all of the platform's features for free.
#5 - RentRedi
RentRedi's property management software offers many tools for both landlords and tenants. However, its plans don't come with a few essentials you may need for property management, which is why it earned the fifth place in our list.
You'll get a basic set of features after subscribing to RentRedi. Some of these include:
- Maintenance requests
- Leasing and marketing
- Tenant portal
- Rent collection
- Tenant screening
RentRedi's subscription is separated into three tiers:
- Monthly Subscription - $19.95 per month.
- Annual Subscription - $9 per month.
- Six-month Subscription - $15 per month.
This means that you'll get all of the features we just mentioned regardless of the plan you choose. Unfortunately, neither of these plans includes accounting tools, which should be a staple in all platforms.
If you want to get accounting tools, you'll have to pay "add-on" fees, which start at $15 per month for up to three units.
Even though the platform allows you to export your payments to get them into QuickBooks, it doesn't offer automatic sync services. This means that you'll have to input each payment manually into QB.
Which Property Management Software Should You Choose?
Your decision will depend on several factors. As we've mentioned throughout this page, each property manager has different needs and goals, so not all platforms may be worth your time and attention.
Ultimately, you must decide based on the platform's:
- Customer Support
Rest assured that each of the options we mentioned here will do an excellent job of helping you manage your properties, regardless of their type. However, we recommend you take your time to review each one and pick the one that fits your needs the best.
If you're looking for an overall excellent option, consider DoorLoop. It caters to most property managers, and its suite of tools will help you cover most of the needs you may have regardless of the property types you own.
What Features Should You Prioritize?
As with the previous section, the answer depends on your needs and goals.
Some people want to focus on rental payments, so they look for a platform that makes that process as easy as possible; others want to have a platform where they can communicate with their tenants seamlessly, and so on.
If you don't have a specific goal, you must choose the platform that offers you the most benefits compared to the price. It's not worth it to invest in the most expensive platform if you're not going to use half of the features it comes with.
Make a list of all the features you need from your property management software, and compare that list with the features that your picks have. Go for the one that offers the most comprehensive solution at the lowest price.
Work with a Leading Property Management Software
We have plenty of property management tools to make our lives easier. As property managers, we must constantly look for ways to help us manage everything, especially if we have a small team.
Keeping track of your properties from the same platform will help you get organized and make smarter decisions. Moreover, if you go for a platform that lets you automate a few tasks, you'll also save time and money.
Out of all the platforms we mentioned on this list, DoorLoop is the one you'll enjoy the most. Besides having a wide list of features that can help you collect rent, track accounting, and unit maintenance easily, it also offers different price packages that fit most budgets.
Schedule a free DoorLoop demo today, and find out what makes it the best property management software in the market.