Picking the right property management software is essential for your business, especially if you want to save time and avoid stress.
These solutions have changed how the real estate industry operates by streamlining crucial property management tasks, such as monitoring rental units and buildings, communicating with tenants, managing maintenance, and handling online payments.
In other words, these software products can simplify property managers' daily operations and provide many other benefits.
However, if you're looking for a comprehensive online property management system, you'll likely find many options, including Hemlane.
Have you heard of this solution? What if you think it isn't the best option for your rental business?
Well, there are many Hemlane alternatives with impressive benefits to property managers and real estate businesses, facilitating tasks that are often time-consuming and overwhelming.
You only have to choose the right one to take advantage of all its features to streamline your property management operations.
Here's everything you need to know to determine if Hemlane is the best option for property owners or managers. Additionally, we'll take a closer look at the most popular Hemlane alternatives to help you choose the one that best suits your needs. Read on!
Are you sure that Hemlane isn't the right solution for you? Before making a decision, let's understand what this property management software is all about.
As the internet becomes an essential part of people's lives, an online property management software solution seems to be the best option for a real estate business.
However, many property managers are more comfortable with in-person operations. There's nothing better than handling all the essential tasks yourself to make sure everything is under control, right?
That's why Hemlane has become a popular option. This property management software combines the best of both worlds. Besides having excellent common features, it's equipped with some interesting tools that other solutions don't typically offer.
Hemlane can be a great property management tool for those who need a comprehensive solution offering a hands-on experience in this digital age. If you prefer online products, you can also use many of its features.
We'll talk about each alternative to help you choose the best one, but let's delve into Hemlane's features and other essential aspects to make a fair comparison.
One of the main advantages of Hemlane is that this property management software has many features and impressive accounting tools. These are a few of the most important ones:
- Rental advertising
- Listing management
- Tenant screening
- Applicant tracking
- Online rent payments
- Document storage
- Repair tracking
- Background checks
- Payment reminders
- Lease management
- Property maintenance and repair
As mentioned, Hemlane also has great and unique in-person features. This software solution connects you with a local real estate agent if you need leasing support right where you are.
This agent can handle many tasks, such as finding qualified tenants, advertising your property, and arranging tours for prospects.
However, unlike other property management solutions, Hemlane doesn't have a native mobile app compatible with Android or iOS.
If there's another important aspect to consider besides the features, it's definitely the software pricing.
These are the available plans:
- Basic plan: It starts at $30 a month but only includes one unit. Each additional unit costs $2 per month.
- Essential plan: Starting at $40 a month for just one unit, it includes other features, such as 24/7 repair coordination.
- Complete plan: It starts at $60 for a single unit but includes even more features than the previous plan, such as connection to a licensed agent (their leasing fee is separate).
Note: If you want to test Hemlane's features before committing to a monthly payment, you can try the free version even if you don't have a credit card.
As you can see, the base price of each plan is $28, but it varies based on the number of units you need to manage and the features you choose.
Top 5 Hemlane Alternatives
Hemlane offers many features and benefits. However, it isn't the best option for property managers and landlords who are on a budget or prefer modern solutions that are compatible with their smartphones.
Fortunately, there's an ocean of property management tools out there. Let's review the top Hemlane alternatives to choose an option that favors your real estate business.
Undoubtedly, DoorLoop is one of the best property management solutions you can find on the market today.
Like Hemlane, this solution has robust features that will help you streamline your property management operations. Actually, DoorLoop has every feature you ever wanted, including the following:
- Tenant screening
- Tenant management
- Custom reports
- Mass announcements
- Property accounting
- CRM & Tasks
- Property listing
- QuickBooks sync
- Mobile apps
- Renter's insurance
- Bank integration
- Applications & eSigning
- Property maintenance requests
- Document storage
- Owner portal
- Custom websites
These features are great for different types of businesses, whether you manage residential and association properties or affordable and student housing units. Let's take a closer look at the most important ones.
These are the features that DoorLoop offers to property managers and landlords:
- Unmatched property maintenance features: With DoorLoop, handling and responding to property maintenance requests is so easy. You can attach documents, send them to vendors, pay related bills, and always keep tenants informed.
- Purpose-built accounting suite: Do you want to save time on your property accounting? DoorLoop accounting tools are a game changer. This intuitive property management software has bank reconciliations and reporting features that will facilitate your essential accounting tasks.
- Accounting software integration: Do you think QuickBooks is a better option to handle your accounting tasks? This solution also integrates and synchronizes with this accounting software package!
- Intuitive owner and tenant portals: DoorLoop also facilitates communication between property owners and tenants. Additionally, this solution is ideal for setting up automatic rent collection and offers an easy way to make maintenance requests.
- Enhanced security: Are you concerned about the security of your and your tenants' personal data? Although you can use DoorLoop on your phone, the app is secure and has military-grade encryption to protect your billing information.
- Automated listing syndication: Do you need to fill vacancies? You can also link DoorLoop with Zillow and other listing platforms to help your rental business get off the ground.
- Many leasing tools: DoorLoop also makes it easier to rent out a property. Access to automatic listings, online rental application management, and credit and background checks are just a few of the features this software solution offers when it comes to leasing.
DoorLoop is a property management software designed to streamline your daily routine if you're a property owner or manager by providing you with intuitive mobile tools that will facilitate your real estate transactions and operations. However, that doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune to use this solution.
Are you ready to try DoorLoop? Prices start at $49 per month for the Starter Plan, which includes basic features. However, you can get a 50% discount for the first two months if billed yearly.
DoorLoop also offers the following plans for those who want an advanced solution:
- Pro plan (the most popular one): The standard price is $99 per month, but you can pay only $49.50 for two months if you choose the annual payment option. It includes many features that you cannot use if you purchase the basic plan, such as QuickBooks online sync, CAM charges, and unlimited Zoom training sessions.
- Premium plan: Although the standard price is $149 per month, you can get a 50% discount for two months if billed yearly. This plan includes features that aren't available in the Pro plan, including a free personalized website, VIP priority support, unlimited free eSignatures, Zapier integration, and more.
If you were looking for a cloud-based property management software solution, you've probably come across PropertyWare.
Like DoorLoop, PropertyWare is an all-in-one property management tool designed as a scalable solution for real estate businesses.
This software product was developed as an accounting tool to streamline commercial property management tasks. It supports different types of properties and can be used for multiple purposes.
Actually, you can use PropertyWare to manage the following:
- Affordable housing units
- Commercial properties
- Residential properties
- Student housing units
PropertyWare has gained huge popularity among property managers and landlords because it's fully customizable. Additionally, it has several reporting features, which means you can create customized reports as needed just by using this software solution.
Overall, this property management software is an excellent option for those who monitor, maintain, and manage both commercial and residential properties.
One of the most important advantages of PropertyWare is that this software solution offers a robust set of features to help you tackle time-consuming tasks and even save money.
If you have a property management company or just plan to start your rental business, these features can transform your operations. Let's take a look at the most notable ones:
- Lease management
- Maintenance management
- Full accounting suite
- Digital marketing functionality
The fully integrated accounting suite is one of the most impressive features of this property management solution.
This suite includes several tools that will help you manage your business money, such as the following:
- Accounts payable
- Budget management
- Custom reporting
- Accounts receivable
You can use these tools to complete many essential tasks, such as paying bills or fees and collecting rent. That means all of them can be handled in just one place – the owner portal.
Plus, you shouldn't worry about your financial information. Besides keeping it protected, PropertyWare synchronizes this data with multiple devices, including a smartphone.
Now that you know all the features that PropertyWare offers, is it clear why many property managers and landlords choose this tool?
You won't struggle to find the pricing information on the PropertyWare website, which means it's transparent, and you won't have to pay hidden fees.
PropertyWare also offers three plans. These are:
- Basic plan: It starts at $1 per unit per month, but the minimum amount is $250.
- Plus plan: The minimum amount is $350, but each unit costs $1.50 per month if you purchase this plan.
- Premium plan: Although the price for each unit is $2 per month, the minimum amount is $450.
If your finances are one of your main concerns, Stessa could be a good option for your property management or rental business.
This software product was designed as a financial tracking app for property management purposes.
If you're new to the rental business world, you can use Stessa's basic financial features.
Stessa is one of the most affordable property management solutions you'll find.
The collection of features this solution offers is pretty limited. These are some of the options you'll be able to use if you choose this software product:
- Rent tracking
- Owner portal
- Document management
- Basic leasing features
- Mobile app
Stessa offers financial reporting features for multiple tasks, including expense, income, and cash flow tracking. Additionally, you can use this software solution for tax management! This is one of its unique benefits.
As mentioned, Stessa is one of the most affordable property management software solutions you'll find on the market. It has a basic plan with all the features we mentioned and more.
You can pay for a version with additional features and it costs $1,000 a month and includes rent analysis and market research tools.
RentRedi is another online property management software worth mentioning. This service offers a robust collection of features that can facilitate your rental business operations.
This solution can be used for both residential and commercial properties. As a rental property management software product, RentRedi streamlines communication between landlords or property owners and tenants.
Whether they need to request a maintenance job or pay rent, tenants can use this software solution for multiple tasks. Landlords and property owners will have a convenient place to manage these requests, keep track of their leasing activity, and keep all their essential information at hand.
Let's go over RentRedi features and the benefits that this property management software could bring to your real estate business.
If you want to invest in a property management software solution, you should consider its features. Will it really help you streamline your operations to save time?
That's completely possible if you choose the right combination of features and tools. RentRedi can be a good option for your property management business because of that.
This software solution offers tons of features to simplify your daily tasks. Many of them are aimed at promoting a healthy relationship between tenants and landlords, which is essential to the success of your rental project.
These are some examples of the features that you'll be able to use if you choose RentRedi:
- Comprehensive tenant portal
- Marketing tools
- Dedicated customer support team
- Maintenance request management
- Rent collection and accounting
- Tenant screening
- Listings and marketing
- Tenant and team communications
- Maintenant coordination
As mentioned, RentRedi focuses on communication and a healthy relationship between landlords or property owners and tenants. That's why this software product has a comprehensive tenant portal where both parties can handle different things.
RentRedi's tenant portal is the ideal place to pay rent, manage payments, and even set automatic payments. Additionally, there's a landlord app with many features that you'll like to use, such as tenant screening, notifications when the rent is due, a user-friendly application process, and more.
RentRedi is also transparent about its pricing model. You can find this information on the website, and it's easy to understand.
Here are more details about prices:
- Monthly subscription: $19.95 per month
- Annual subscription: $9 per month
- Quarterly subscription: $15 per month
Some accounting feature add-ons cost $15 per month for every three units.
5. Rent Manager
If you're looking for a powerful property management software solution, Rent Manager is another excellent option. This Hemlane alternative handles all the essential tasks and aspects of a real estate business in just one web portal.
Additionally, Rent Manager offers a wide and robust collection of features with customizable tools that will make managing your existing business easier than ever.
This property management software is ideal for all types of properties and all sizes of portfolios, whether you manage affordable housing units, commercial properties, or affordable housing options. Additionally, you can use Rent Manager for self-storage rentals, which is an excellent and unique feature!
One of the main advantages of Rent Manager is that it allows integration with multiple software solutions, helping you keep your data protected and have access to essential information as needed.
Additionally, this property management solution promotes automation to make running a real estate business easier.
Rent Manager Features
Do you want to know if Rent Manager is the property management software for you? Before making a decision, check out its features and find out if they can benefit your rental business.
These are some of the tools that Rent Manager offers:
- Prospect and tenant portal
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Tax tools
- Electronic reconciliations
- Resident app
- Custom reports
- Financial report writer
- Report automation
- Communication tools
- Call center
- Project management
- Process/Admin features
- Mobile app
- Word orders/Billing
- Make-ready boards
- Open Access
- ILS advertising
- Guest cards
- And more!
When choosing the best property management software for your business, you should pay close attention to the features. A comprehensive solution to help you save time and maximize your profits.
Additionally, when you use an excellent property management solution, you can enjoy a better leasing experience, especially when you improve communication between you and your tenants.
Rent Manager has impressive features that can help you achieve this goal. Additionally, this software solution offers other benefits that you could take advantage of, including the following:
- Premium customer support and training
- Marketing and leasing tools
- Maintenance management
- Integrated accounting system
You can access all of these features through an intuitive and easy-to-use website.
Rent Manager Pricing
In addition to the features, it is essential to take a look at the prices to determine if this is a good option.
Rent Manager offers three plans with different prices. These are:
- Rent Manager Basic: It costs $1 per unit per month.
- Rent Manager Plus: It’s priced at $1.5 per unit if you choose the monthly plan.
- Rent Manager Premium: It costs $2.25 per unit per month.
All plans offer different features. In addition, they have a minimum. If you want to purchase one of these plans, you should consider the following:
- The minimum amount for the Rent Manager Basic plan is $200
- The minimum amount for Rent Manager Plus is $300
- The minimum amount for Rent Manager Premium is $450
Which Software Will You Choose?
Now that we've reviewed the best Hemlane alternatives, are you ready to choose the best property management software for you?
Remember that the best option is the one that adapts to your business's needs. You should also consider its features to choose an option that really facilitates your operations and helps you save time.
Overall, these are the aspects you should take into account when choosing a comprehensive property management solution:
- Your needs: Before comparing different property management software options and their features, assess your needs and identify your business goals. What are the common challenges that you face as a landlord or property manager? Choose an option that can help you solve those issues.
- The number of properties you manage: How many units should you oversee? Is your business small or large? What types of properties do you manage? Answering these questions can also help you find the best property management software based on what you really need for your business.
- Software features: Once you define your needs and objectives, you can start comparing the features of each property management software solution. Consider the tools and benefits that can benefit your business, such as rent collection, tenant screening, payment processing, maintenance management, and more.
- Demo or trial: Do you want to test the software capabilities before purchasing a paid plan? Choose a property management software solution offering a free demo or trial. Many options, including DoorLoop, offer the opportunity to try their products at no cost or risk.
- Your budget and costs: Finally, you cannot forget your budget and how much you should pay for the property management solution. Is it expensive? Does it offer value for money? Do these prices fit your budget? While some options are perfect for property managers and landlords who are on a tight budget, others are only suitable for businesses with more than 200 properties.
If you analyze these factors, you'll be able to choose a property management software solution that truly benefits your business and helps you complete the time-consuming tasks that often overwhelm you.
Choosing a property management software solution is one of the most important decisions you can make.
As mentioned, these software products have changed how the real estate industry operates. They also offer many benefits, such as advanced tools that can help you save time by handling all essential tasks in one place.
Hemlane is an excellent option. This property management software solution has many features that can streamline real estate transactions. Additionally, it's the only one that offers an in-person experience for property managers and landlords who prefer traditional methods.
If you are looking for the best value for money, DoorLoop is definitely the best option. Whether you manage just a couple of properties or have a large business, this software solution offers first-class features and affordable plans.
As we mentioned earlier, choosing the right property management software goes beyond reviewing features, There are many other things to consider. However, DoorLoop addresses them all.
Besides offering an impressive set of features, this software solution has a mobile version that will make your life easier, is affordable, allows integrations with other software solutions, and offers discounts! Do you want to know if DoorLoop is for you? Request a free demo and try it today!