Landlords, property management companies, and the like need to have the right systems in their arsenal to take on the tasks that come with handling the affairs of a property or group of properties effectively.
Can you control user information locally? Are there custom report builders to help you stay on top of relevant insights? Condo Manager is an option that you may consider to help you take on your tasks.
What are its features? How much does it cost? What are the pros and cons? Are there other alternatives that you could be using instead? We answer all these questions and more below.
What Is Condo Manager Property Management Software?
Condo Manager is a property management software solution designed for self-managed associations and property management companies. User-friendliness is one of the core principles of the design, as the belief is that users should be able to manage their affairs and organize their data easily.
Managing homeowner associations, in particular, is made easier, since the relevant parties can keep their financial and administrative processes streamlined in a centralized way.
With key automation built into the platform, it becomes possible to benefit from economies of scale, which is meant to stimulate growth.
Condo Manager Software Features
What features does Condo Manager have that allows its users to gain the advantages expected?
The accounting suite here allows for the automation of routine tasks and simplification of management with advanced functionality working in the backend.
Enjoy the benefits of a true accrual system spanning receivables and payables integration, alongside a general ledger.
With delinquent account tracking, keeping up with those falling behind is a breeze too! Furthermore, you can say goodbye to complex bank reconciliation attempts since it's automatic for an unlimited number of accounts.
Other notable elements include utility billing, profitability analyzers, budget management, digital check signatures, and more!
Integrated communication is essential as it makes both clients and colleagues easier to work with. You can set up your mailing lists, send work orders, send letters, and more from a convenient space.
Record keeping is included too, which is great considering you may need to pull on communication history to settle a misunderstanding in the future.
No longer will owners need to be on top of property managers for statements since there is a function that allows statements to be automatically delivered to owners.
This element is all about keeping the workload simplified with well-designed tools. One of the key features here is separate areas for owner, corporation, and unit details to be stored.
Are meetings a challenge? It doesn't need to be anymore with the minutes of meeting archive provided.
If you do repetitive tasks, Condo Manager supports you here, allowing for easy automation. An office manager is supposed to ensure mundane affairs are in order. Why waste time doing the busy work over and over?
It's not easy to keep tabs on the particulars of different buildings. With the maintenance module, a property management company can keep track of past maintenance and even automatically schedule repairs of a preventative nature.
Now, you can comply with regulations, reduce insurance costs, prove maintenance to inspectors, keep track of events, determine real maintenance costs, and more!
Condo Manager Pricing
Condo Manager offers quote-based pricing, meaning that you'll need to reach out to the team to be able to get the pricing that suits your needs. However, we have been able to ascertain that pricing begins at $150 monthly, which is on the more expensive side of the fence.
Does Condo Manager Offer a Free Trial?
Condo Manager does offer a free trial, though it's not easily accessible and you'll need to send an email to the team to access it. Beyond that, there's a demo offering that you can take advantage of to learn more about the platform.
Condo Manager Pricing: An Overview
There's a more complex pricing structure available than we can speak on since quote-based pricing is used. Nevertheless, a starting point of $150 monthly is quite a high price compared to other options on the market.
Condo Manager Review: Pros and Cons
Let's take a moment to talk about the pros and cons of Condo Manager. These were gathered from customer reviews for accuracy.
- The platform is very user-friendly and organizes data very well for review.
- The feature set is great for homeowner associations, especially those with a mix of single-family subdivisions and other property types.
- Condo Manager is not a hard system to learn.
- There are several complaints about poor customer support because of slowness or a lack of responsiveness. Additionally, the lack of availability on weekends or after hours is an inconvenience to many.
- A lot of glitches have been reported with the use of the platform.
- Not a lot of features that cater to supporting tenants.
Three Competitors to Consider
While Condo Manager does a lot of the management functions well, you'll notice there isn't much that speaks to supporting or dealing with your tenants, which you'll need from a property management system for rental property. Additionally, the cost is pretty high.
For those reasons and potentially others, here are a few competitors that you may want to consider.
DoorLoop does a great job of walking the balance between features that support back-end processes and those that help you to interact with and support your tenants as necessary. Here's a look at some of the features that allow that.
- Accounting tools: With DoorLoop, you'll get the full suite of accounting elements including payables, receivables, ledgers, and more. You can even integrate with QuickBooks if you prefer to use it.
- Owner and tenant portals: Address owner and partner tasks in minutes, print checks, and even allow your tenants to pay their rent manually/automatically online. You can even receive and address maintenance requests easily.
- Communication: Without leaving the application, easily communicate with your tenants, work with vendors, etc.
DoorLoop won't cost you an arm and a leg. It's only $49 for up to 20 properties, and you'll even get a 50% discount for your first two months!
Innago aims to save you valuable time by bringing all your management affairs under one roof with the scalability to handle one property or thousands.
- Online tenant interactions: Take advantage of online components that allow you to collect rent, have leases signed, and get screening reports that give you necessary details on potential tenants.
- Expense and reporting: If you've ever had trouble understanding your cash flows or evaluating your financial position from a glance, Innago offers insightful reports to help you.
- Listing and syndication: Avoid dealing with vacancies by spreading the word and attracting more potential tenants to your listings.
Innago is completely free. There is no paid plan. Note, however, that the feature set is a little on the limited side.
Hemlane is another good property management tool, known for some of its more unique offerings such as a tool that allows you to match with local agents that can help fill local units more speedily. Some of these features, while great, are not going to be necessary for property managers.
- Advertising and listings: Advertise to over 30 websites with one click and keep track of where listings are performing the best.
- Lease management: With alerts and reminders, document storage, communication elements, and more, you can maintain end-to-end management capability over your leases.
- Online rent collection and accounting: There's instant bank verification, complemented by multiple bank support, recurring rent requests/alerts, and even P&L entries!
The pricing options available are:
- Basic - $28 base fee plus $2 per unit ($30 minimum monthly)
- Essential - $28 base fee plus $12 per unit ($40 minimum monthly)
- Complete - $28 base fee plus $32 per unit ($60 minimum monthly)
If you want a complete property management tool with all the key features for property management at an affordable price, DoorLoop is your best best.
Schedule a free demo to see how DoorLoop can transform your business today!