How to Set Up Your Property Accounting System: Intro
Ready for the fun part?
Now that you have your accounting tool in place, it’s time to set up your property accounting system.
Setup is the lion’s share of the work when it comes to property accounting.
In addition, sometimes things don’t go right, and you need to do some accounting house cleaning, so to speak.
In this section, we’ll cover absolutely everything you need to know about setting up your property accounting system.
We’ll talk about:
- How to set up your properties and tenants
- How to set up your rent collection system (+ how to use a rent roll)
- How to properly manage your security deposits
- Whether you need to hire a bookkeeper
- Bookkeeping tips for maximizing profits
- As well as tips for cleaning up messy accounting