If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to help you better manage your rental business, you may have come across Rently. However, with high prices and questionable business practices, you might be left wondering whether there is another user-friendly application that you can use to streamline your business practices.
There are hundreds of software solutions out there, and knowing which one to choose can be confusing. The good news is that you don't have to waste time doing hours of research. We have drawn up a list of the top-performing alternatives to help you make an informed decision.
Before we delve into our list of alternatives, let's first talk about what Rently is.
If you've never heard about it before, Rently is an automation software solution designed to help property managers and rental business owners manage their operations effectively.
By taking care of some of the mundane tasks, offering virtual tours, and providing more control over the rental application process, Rently aims to use technology to streamline your workflow.
It is also known for its innovation in smart automation. Using a number of devices, Rently can help landlords monitor their rental properties remotely, which can make maintenance much easier.
Here are some of the most noteworthy features of this real estate software solution:
- Self-guided virtual tours for a better tenant experience
- Smart home technology for managing properties remotely
- Online rental applications
- Agent listings to help you fill vacancies
Top 4 Rently Alternatives
Before you consider switching to a car-sharing or vehicle rental business, it's worth checking out a few Rently competitors to see if there is a better solution out there to help meet your needs.
You won't have to spend hours looking at various options because we have done the hard work for you so that you can enjoy the benefits of property management software without the stress or worry of whether or not you're working with a reliable company.
Without further ado, here are our top four Rently competitors/alternatives:
If you're looking for a complete solution to help you better manage your business, then you cannot go wrong with DoorLoop. With an online rental marketplace listing feature, document creation, accounting, rent collection, and so much more, you can ensure that you are getting the most out of your property management software.
DoorLoop is great for those looking for an affordable but comprehensive solution with a number of intuitive tools that can be accessed from your mobile device. Unlike other companies, DoorLoop offers a comprehensive list of features designed to meet your needs at every stage of the rental process.
- Tenant and landlord portals. Offer an exceptional rental experience with DoorLoop's tenant and landlord portals. You can collect rent, share files, and communicate with your tenants using this intuitive feature.
- Accounting solutions and business insights. Managing your books becoming a little overwhelming? Take advantage of DoorLoop's easy-to-use accounting features. Generate reports and manage your books with ease using the company's tools, or simply use your own, thanks to the integration capabilities.
- Property Listing. You can list your property on multiple platforms to get renters interested, all from one platform!
- Leasing tools. Get everything you need to effectively manage your business with DoorLoop. Create rental applications and lease agreements and conduct background checks using the platform.
- Maintenance management. Maintenance is undoubtedly an important part of any rental business. DoorLoop allows users to make requests, edit them, and even communicate with renters about them.
That's not all. There are so many other features to explore and use to grow and sustain your rental business with DoorLoop.
Unlike other property management solutions that are exorbitantly priced, DoorLoop is competitively priced, with a starting price of just $49 for managing a maximum of 20 rental properties. What's more, you can schedule a free demo to experience the software solution for yourself!
2. Landlord Studio
If you are a newcomer to the rental business industry or simply manage a smaller number of properties, then you might find Landlord Studio to be a worthwhile Rently competitor. While it does offer many great features, its functionality is somewhat limited, so if you're truly hoping to streamline your business operations, then you may need to look elsewhere.
However, it's a good place to start if you aren't quite ready to invest in costly property management solutions just yet.
Landlord Studio Features
- Basic accounting features, such as reporting and expense tracking
- Tenant screening capabilities
- Rent collection
- Application management
- Mobile app
Landlord Studio Pricing
Landlord Studio's affordable pricing is undoubtedly one of its strong points. There are two plans you can choose from: Go and Pro. The Go plan is free to use, while the Pro plan costs $12 per month, billed annually.
Given the affordability, Landlord Studio can be a great choice.
Propertyware is another option worth considering. It is particularly well suited to professionals looking for comprehensive accounting tools.
- Comprehensive accounting tools
- Digital marketing feature
- Maintenance management capabilities
- Lease management tools
One of the things we liked about Propertyware, is its transparent pricing.
PropertyWare's services are divided into three categories: Basic, Plus, and Premium. The Basic plan has a $250 minimum, and costs start at $1 per unit every month. If you go for the Plus plan instead, you can expect to pay a monthly rate of $1.50 per unit, with $350 being the minimum. Last but not least, the Premium plan has a $450 minimum and starts at $2.00 per rental unit per month.
With basic features to help landlords manage their day-to-day operations at an affordable price, TurboTenant is one of the best Rently competitors/alternatives. This property management software is best known for its free plan, which has limited functionality but can be useful for those on a tight budget.
- Rent collection
- Tenant screening
- Maintenance management tools
- Rental listings
TurboTenant is an affordable option for landlords. Most of its features can be enjoyed free of charge, while some might incur a small fee.
Let's look at some of the prices for additional tools:
- Landlord forms - $145
- E-signatures - $9 per document
- State-specific lease agreements - $39 per lease
- Lease addendums - $15 per addendum
Other Rently Competitors/Alternatives to Try
When deciding which property management solution to go for, it's important to ensure that you're doing your homework and exploring every avenue to ensure that you're choosing software that will work for you. If you'd like to look at a few more options before taking your pick, here are a few more to try:
- Monthli, based in San Francisco, CA
- Dogma Systems, MyRent
- FATbit technologies
- Property Matrix
Which Software Will You Choose?
We live in a digital age where technology can be harnessed to make our lives easier. If you are not using property management software to manage your rental business, then you are losing out.
While Rently might seem like an attractive option, there are safe and reliable alternatives out there that can help you save money and better manage your day-to-day operations, but which one should you choose?
When deciding which rent-centric property management solution to go with, it's important to consider your needs. There are hundreds of software options on the market because every landlord, property manager, and business owner has unique needs.
Consider the size of your business. Some property management software solutions might be better suited to large rental companies, while others work well for smaller businesses.
DoorLoop Is Designed to Meet Your Needs
The good news is that DoorLoop caters to rental companies of all sizes. With affordable pricing and one of the most comprehensive sets of features on the market, you can rest assured that you are setting yourself up for success.
In addition to the great tools we have already mentioned in this article, there are other great perks you can expect when you choose DoorLoop to optimize your company's workflow. This includes the following:
- Lightning fast speeds. Now, you don't have to let loading speed and glitches come in the way of smooth operation. DoorLoop is optimized to ensure that you get access to what you want when you want, without the fuss or hassle.
- Excellent customer support. When using software for the first time, it's important to have access to help when you need it most. At DoorLoop, we are committed to ensuring that your questions are answered.
Moreover, unlike Rently, whose pricing structure isn't transparent and whose business practices are questionable, DoorLoop ensures that you are always informed.
Take Advantage of DoorLoop's Offerings Today!
When running a rental business, the importance of creating a good impression on tenants cannot be stressed enough. After all, your renters are your source of income, and maintaining a healthy relationship with them is important.
DoorLoop is designed to help you foster healthy relationships with your tenants and never lose track of maintenance operations, lease agreements, inspections, and more.
To schedule a free demo to try DoorLoop out for yourself, get in touch with us today!