Property management is something most people need, regardless of whether they own condo corporations or small businesses.
Have you spent the past few months searching for a solution that has all the features you want, a decent support team, and online payments for tenants?
In most cases, you want something inexpensive, but you need a very useful tool that handles everything.
In this article, you'll learn about Condo Control Central and whether it's a solid platform. We'll discuss the features, such as the security desk and the ability to book amenities.
Plus, you'll discover who should use it, such as security guards and condo administrations. Let's dive in!
What Is Condo Control Property Management Software?
Condo Control Central is an excellent property management software that offers a management and communication platform for property managers, board members, security companies, and much more.
You will get reporting functions, tenant and lease tracking, online payments, amenity booking, and even concierge management.
Overall, the web-based software helps you manage homeowner associations (HOAs) and condos responsibility. Property managers and residents will have the tools necessary with Condo Control to be more efficient and productive.
Overall, Condo Control helps bring residents and property managers in sync and offers good communication tools that provide better transparency for the condo corporation. Likewise, you will be able to track package deliveries, keep records, focus on incident tracking, and amenity booking. Violations and online payments are also possible, so everyone is in control.
The leading, easy-to-use option is Condo Control, and it's a valuable tool that focuses on vendor response and the front desk.
You can also make it easier to book amenities and party rooms. Let's learn more about it!
Condo Control Central Features
As a condo manager, you're the one in charge of accounting integration and incident reports. You'll likely have multiple service requests to deal with and will focus on vendor response to get the most out of your business.
Condo Control Central can help you with all of those things and more. Here are the features to focus on:
- Communication - You want to communicate clearly with others to avoid confusion, whether you're putting in a service request or booking events. With this system, you can share documents, messages, and events electronically, which keeps the whole community informed and engaged.
- Concierge and Security - The whole system is designed to improve the operations for residents and concierge staff. You can automate visitor parking, package tracking, and security patrols. Plus, there are fewer issues and errors, but the productivity increases for the whole team!
- Record-Keeping - Find what you need when it's required. You don't have to deal with paper piling up and manual processes. Condo Control helps you organize issues and offers consistency through digital documents and forms. Create a service request with ease!
- Hardware - Technology should work as hard as you, and the right software will make a huge difference. The solution offers hardware items to help you get things done quickly.
- Integration - Condo Control is designed to integrate with various software programs, allowing you to accomplish more.
- Mobile Options - This solution is convenient because there's a mobile app. Residents can access what they need on the go and stay in touch with others.
- Training - You'll get such a good training on using Condo Control. There's no need to be tech-savvy here! Whether you require customer support in person or online, there are many training methods to get guidance in the way that meets your needs!
Condo Control Pricing
Condo Control Central has two pricing plans: Premium and Core. However, it doesn't offer information about pricing. You must request a quote.
With Core and Premium, you get these base features:
- Training (live webinars and videos)
- Portfolio management
- Online status certificates
- eDelivery consent
- Maintenance tracking
- Service requests and work orders
- Online store
- Online payments
- Budget mail-outs
- File library
- Events calendar
- Digital bulletin board
- Resident database
- Unit files
- Mobile app
- Resident portal
You can add a website to the Core option or pay the Premium rates to get a website included.
With Condo Control, you also have other features included with Premium (or you can pay an additional fee on the Core plan). These include:
- Incident reports
- Valet parking
- Authorization management
- Key management
- Parking management
- Visitor tracking
- Security patrol
- Pass on logs
- Security logs
- Package management
- Payments and deposits
- Architectural change requests
- Violation tracking
- Guest tracking
- Short/mid-term stays
- Lease details
- Resident view
- Unit ledger
- Invoicing and alerts
- Payment/balance tracking
- Invoice management
- Purchase orders
- Vendor/procurement management
- Add financial information or documentation to tasks
- Reminders and alerts by email
- Generate future orders for periodic needs
- Assign work orders
- Asset management
- Discussion forum
- Voice/text alerts (1200 credits)
- Task tracking and assignments
This could be a good software option if you have multiple properties. Likewise, the company offers multi-year discounts, though you will have to pay a hardware and setup fee with your first subscription. We're not sure how much this would be.
Does Condo Control Offer a Free Trial?
Condo Control Central doesn't offer a free trial, but you can receive a free demo of the product.
Condo Control Pricing: An Overview
Generally, Condo Control Central focuses more on condo living rather than being a single-family or apartment-building complex. Therefore, its features are much different than what others offer. Likewise, it's difficult to determine if the pricing is similar to competitors' because they aren't listed on the website.
If you want something transparent, Condo Control might not be the best software for you. Though it works well for booking amenities, it's more focused on parking spots and visitors than property management.
Condo Control Central Review: Pros and Cons
We know you're interested in finding the best software to use, and the way to do that is to get an honest review. That wouldn't be possible if you didn't know the main pros and cons of Condo Control.
To get an honest review, we read countless testimonials from other users, some of which have been using it for a few years. This will help you understand what it offers, where it falters, and why you may want to consider an alternative.
When choosing property management software, you want it to be user-friendly. Condo Control got high marks in this department. Most users said that it was quite easy to use and track trades. Likewise, the residents and homeowners love being able to book amenities whenever necessary.
Pro: Good Customer Success Team
There are bound to be problems when you start using a new system, and software support becomes a crucial requirement. Everyone seems to like Condo Control. Save time and money with the solution because you get a customer success manager to assist you.
The customer success manager will listen to your needs and help you access whatever it is you need. Likewise, you can put in requests for changes or updates to the system whenever necessary. These team members focus on what you say and try to implement them whenever possible to make your life easier.
Con: Not the Best Value for Money
Condo Control doesn't tell you how much it costs, though it does inform potential users about the features they'll get with the Core and Premium plans. However, we cannot say that it offers good value for money because we aren't sure.
If you want to get a quote, it is free to do so. However, you are obligated to pay for the setup fees if you choose to go with Condo Control. Therefore, it's not cost-effective because you can't test it to see if it's the best system for your needs. Overall, you must rely on the demo.
Con: Multiple Clicks to Get Announcements
One honest review about Condo Control mentioned that Android phones required more clicks to see announcements. This can be problematic when residents are in a hurry and want to see what's happening.
Overall, Condo Control should be optimized to run on all systems, including iPhone, Android, and desktop computers.
Con: Not Easy to Search
Condominium corporations often have multiple condos they deal with daily. Therefore, it's crucial to be able to search easily for documents and past events. However, Condo Control makes it much harder to do.
Likewise, you may find that Condo Control crashes when you're running too many things at once. This is problematic because most users will have multiple tabs open for packages, security staff, amenities, and residents.
3 Competitors to Consider
Choosing appropriate software systems for condo and HOA management is a challenge. You want an honest review, and we've done that for Condo Control Central so far. Though it's a great choice for some, it might not work for you. Likewise, it's hard to compare when you don't know how much it will cost.
Here are a few alternatives you might want to consider:
As a property manager, your main goal is to find something inexpensive and user-friendly that will handle all of your property management needs. Other software might cost a lot or be difficult to navigate, but DoorLoop is different. You'll receive the core services you require for your building and have access to all the tools you need.
Are you ready to see the features available on DoorLoop? They're listed below!
- Tenant Portal to Collect Rent - Most tenants want to pay rent on time to avoid monthly fees, and the full-service CRM from DoorLoop makes it easier than ever to do that. You can also communicate with others. Plus, the tenants get their own portal to make payments on their smartphones or desktop computers. Nothing could be easier!
- Streamlined Communications - It's easy to communicate with tenants directly in the app and through your desktop or smartphone. Plus, you can work with vendors, manage your maintenance requests, and access information from within DoorLoop. There's no need to leave the system!
- Full Suite of Accounting Tools - Everyone knows that QuickBooks is great, but it's not designed for property management. With DoorLoop, you don't need to integrate with QuickBooks, but you can if you like it. Everything plays well together, so there's no issue.
- Dedicated Owner Portal - Do you require reports to see how things are moving, or are you in need of checks? You can handle your partner's and owner's requests in minutes with the dedicated portal for owners.
You'll get an excellent value for money when you choose DoorLoop. Though Condo Control requires a start-up fee and doesn't tell you upfront how much you'll spend, DoorLoop is only $49/month for 20 properties and goes up from there!
If you're excited about what DoorLoop could do for you, it's time to schedule your free demo. There's nothing to lose!
Stessa is a free property management tool, and the web-based software is ideal for a property manager or investor. You can easily monitor and manage the performance of your properties, communicating that information to other interested parties.
Overall, Stessa has a solid set of features and is free to use, so it's great for beginners and those with small portfolios. If you're managing a condominium or two, it might not be ideal, though. However, you can test it and see how it works before buying another program.
Here are the features you'll get with Stessa:
- Insights and Reporting - Get visibility 24/7 into the performance of your portfolio with auto-generated reports. They're updated in real-time, and you can create balance sheets, income statements, and so much more.
- Automate Expense and Income Tracking - You don't need to deal with paperwork when you have an automated and secure system that will organize your transactions easily. Set things up and forget them while creating reports when you require them.
- Cash Management - Streamline your checking account and integrate with Stessa. Companies and sole proprietors will enjoy no account fees and higher APY rates.
- Online Rent Collection - Never send a rent reminder again. Stessa lets you onboard tenants and automatically send reminders. You'll also get real-time updates that rent is paid!
- Rental Applications - Stessa offers a tenant screening option without having to use a third party. Plus, you can create applications easily without having to do much work.
You can't get better value for money anywhere else because Stessa is free! It's designed for individual investors, so you can use various features without having to pay. However, there are premium options if you need something a little stronger for your team.
If you're a property manager, Landlordy could be the best option to choose. It has a free basic plan, and it's all on your mobile app. Though there is a free plan, it's more restrictive and has fewer tools than other software. Still, you'll have some useful things available.
You can pay for premium features, but that's expensive. We'll discuss that a bit later.
If you like managing your properties while on the go, Landlordy could be the best solution. Here are the features available:
- Track Rental Payments - You can log rent payments as you get them and receive a payment and balance history for each tenant. Plus, it's easy to message or email payment receipts and invoices.
- Organize Records - Manage your service records on appliances like smoke detectors, refrigerators, and furnaces. You can be reminded or schedule upcoming checks and routine maintenance.
- Digital Expense Receipts - Track your expenses immediately when you pay for things and stay organized. Take photos of receipts with your camera or simply import images and PDF files from your photo library, email, and other applications.
- Get Information Quickly - Manage all the information for your properties and keep up with dates, notes, contact information, and related documents.
- Communicate Efficiently - You can email or text rent invoices, payment receipts, and balance reports to the accountant or tenant. Plus, it's easy to print and share reports through integrations.
- Minor Details Making a Huge Difference - You can choose between light/dark mode, and you have access to an optimized scanner. Plus, the special keyboard supports basic calculations.
There is a free plan for Landlordy, which offers basic features and gives you a pretty decent value for money. However, most of what you'll need is part of paid plans.
The basic paid plan is $14.99 and includes two units. Then, you have Plus, which is $49.99 and consists of 10 units. However, if you need unlimited units, you'll need the Pro plan, which costs $99.99.
When it comes to property management, most condominium owners are focused on something user-friendly and inexpensive. Though Landlordy and Stessa offer free options, you might not get everything you need.
Likewise, Condo Control doesn't include pricing information, so you're left in the dark unless you request a quote.
Overall, you want a competitive tool that will give you all the features you require at a decent price, and DoorLoop is the best solution.
When you choose to work with DoorLoop, you'll get:
- Communication tools for you and your tenants
- A full accounting suite
- An intuitive UI that's easy to use and designed for non-tech-savvy customers
- An owner portal for reporting and check printing
- A maintenance order management system
- Tenant portal and automatic rent payments
- Excellent customer support with a team ready to help
- Much more
Whether you own a condominium or a small house that you rent, you can take your property management company to the next level.
DoorLoop will simplify the process and help you save time and money. If you need peace of mind, it's wise to consider this brand. Schedule a time for a free demo now!